Friday, April 11, 2014

It's Bad, No It's Good (Japan 4)





March 31, 2014 (Morning)
Email sent to my family
We are fitting [in the hotel] and all happy.  We manage by thinking of it as a glorified camper van.  Yesterday was better concerning food, especially since we were finally able to find baby food (it took about 20 tries over 5 days but I succeeded!!).  Everything has a learning curve and we've figured it out pretty good.  Buying tickets, navigating the subway...now watch something kick my butt today in my new-found confidence.  Well, everyone has congregated in the room/bed, so I'm out of room and have to sign off.

March 30
Today was great.  We went to the Children's Castle in Shibuya, which was an hour subway ride from our hotel.  When we emerged from the subway it was howling wind and pouring rain.  We had an invigorating run through the rain for 1/2 mile before making it to our destination.  The Children's Castle was so much fun for the kids, so we stayed all day and still didn't have time to do all it offered.  There was also a Farmer's Market in the same square, so I popped over so we could have a delicious lunch of fresh fruit and vegetables.
When we left the Castle, it was crisp, but dry.  We found dinner, $6,000 puppies and kittens, and baby food.  Comically, the first packaged baby food I give my child I can't even read the labels.
That night I discovered more beauty in the hotel tub.  That small, deep tub was perfect for nursing Asher while watching a movie.  A good day, indeed.   







L to R: Caleb, Josiah, Rachel, Isaac, Eva

A little worse for wear, as am I



Rachel had a meltdown when she found out they weren't going to clean the paint off the wall so that she could get a turn with a fresh, clean wall.  That's bad.  This was the only meltdown of the entire trip, besides my own (coming soon).  So my friends, that's good.


















Eva and Asher almost in the same position

 







No comments:

Post a Comment