Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hell Is Hot (Japan 11)


April 6, 2014
Email sent to family
I'm sitting on the couch and Peter came and rested his head on my shoulder and asked, "Do you mind?"  
I said, "Of course not.  I'm just happy you still want to be around me even after I brought us to this hell-hole."  
He laughed and replied, "Maybe it is just for your warmth."  
We both laughed, because I know that isn't entirely true.  Mostly he wants to be with me and we are cold.  Today it hailed and sleeted and was bitterly cold for us island folk in our minimal winter gear.  
Well, I guess that's as much as you get, because baby just hurt himself in his exploring, so I need to go be mama.

I lied when I called our room a hell-hole.  Hell would at least be hot.  I jest.  Our hotel, although over-priced, was not as dire as I had first envisioned.  We were close to the subway and Kyoto has a great public transportation system.  The owner of the guesthouse must have had compassion for us once she realized we weren't hellions to house, because she didn't charge us for electricity and she also did many sweet things for us.


We were warming up to Japan, but it wasn't doing the same for us. 

Baby sling doubling as a head scarf


Toei Kyoto Studios

Samurai Sword Fighting Show Cut Short











The rain turned into hail briefly before it turned into sleet.  Running for cover Rachel exclaims, "I'm getting wet!"  
I say, "Get under the umbrella with me."  
She does and complains, "I'm still getting wet."  
I respond, "But at least you are getting less wet now."         
Immediately she whines, "My hands are cold."  
I tell her, "Put them in your pockets."  
The instant she gets them in she proclaims, "They are still cold."  
To which I say, "But at least they are less cold now."

Rachel is all smiles now, but Eva is looking bitter.




 Ninja Show

Still entertaining even though we don't understand Japanese.










Ninja Play

After going through a Secrets of the Ninja House, they had fun romping around the town.












No comments:

Post a Comment