Monday, January 16, 2023

And

Feb 2022

Sometimes your pain needs a voice.  After leaving our home, I had silently cried on the drive on and off, but real healing began in a nondescript parking lot-type RV park in Farmington NM.  The park bathroom was clean and I was alone and I wailed for at least 20 minutes. 


After my lament, I returned to the trailer where I was immediately enveloped with peace.  The children's laughter and smiles were manna from heaven.  After neglecting my children while I frantically packed, it was a balm to be in a small space together.


Hair brushing train


Much needed stretching after all our packing


Some experiences in life are or, but most are and.  I am grieving and excited for the future.  I am sad and happy. I am tired and...exhausted.


We spent a week in Utah and had a much needed rest.  We finally had a moment to celebrate Rachel's 14th birthday, nine days late.  We also enjoyed a milestone with Eva and were able to take her to the temple for her first time.

Provo Temple



There was joy and there was also pain.  Asher & Josiah endured a terrible stomach bug that lasted days.  Asher was using one of Grandma's old containers to vomit in and after a day of use he read, "add flavor to life" & "no artificial flavors," and weakly began laughing.    






Farewell pictures.  I was only going to share one, but then I noticed the mad girl.  I can't remember why Eleanora was upset and neither can she, but this set made me smile.





Rachel was given a fresh flower lei for her birthday from her
Young Women's group in NM



SONG INSPIRATION
Favorite lyric

"When letting go is braver than keeping"

No comments:

Post a Comment