Friday, January 20, 2023

A Queen

Feb 2022

Due to the freezing temperatures we weren't able to use water in the trailer.  I bought an insulated/heated hose and we were looking forward to finally having water and a flushable toilet in the trailer.  When we hooked it up we discovered one of the trailer hose valves had a leak, which meant still no water for us.


We had been using a chamber pot (aka mixing bowl).  Don't worry, I never cook in that one.  It has been my camping/travel pee pot for years.  It was born after an experience with a skunk.  I was pregnant and we were camping in a Vermont cabin that I kept calling a shed, because it was that tiny. I had been holding my pee for hours, because I was dreading getting out of bed and going out in the autumn chill.  When I could hold it no longer I stepped outside to find a skunk!  I quickly jumped inside and frantically searched for something to use.  I found a quart plastic container.  My pregnant belly was in the way and the pee kept coming and coming while I exclaimed, "It's not stopping!  I don't know if I'm going to overflow!"  I know exactly how much my bladder can hold--3 and 7/8 cups.  


After using our chamber pot for several days, I purchased a porta-loo (aka bucket with a toilet seat) and felt like a queen.  



Once our truck was repaired we continued our journey sans water.  The children and I randomly stopped in Deer Lodge Montana, while Peter continued on the road.  We had fun in the quirky little town that paid homage to its past and current prison history.


Walking the Old Prison exterior
Eleanora asked, "Is this the place you got married?"  




This little girl oozes pizzaz


A little sustenance at Prison Pizza


After a little exit confusion that added extra miles, we made it back on the road.  The weather started to get bad and I began to worry about catching up to Peter before hitting the mountain pass.  



White knuckles.  Trains for Asher.




There was no phone reception and I was so relieved to find my man along the mountain road to put the chains on for me.  

  

Life's been hard.  Can you tell?


Crossing into Idaho! 






Sandpoint RV lot


A much needed shower and hot sauna...and flush toilet


Add several hours to the drive due to mistakes, weather, and hauling trailers.

SONG INSPIRATION
I especially love that "Mother Mary" mentioned in the song is Paul McCartney's own mother who visited him in a dream 10 years after her death and told him everything would work out and to just let it be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment