Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dreams Come True

Big Island 2012

          MOTHER
M is for all the many things she does
O is for the other things she does
T is for the things she does
H is for the happy things she does
E is for everything she does, and
R is for the rest of the things she does.
                                                                       ~author unknown

Some of my favorite overheard conversations of 2012:


• Josiah to Peter, "Do you know what my favorite food is?  Anything that starts with mommy.  Mommy yogurt, mommy syrup, mommy oatmeal, mommy bread...What else do we make here?"

• The boys were tidying up and Isaac says to them, "Mommy approved is the highest rank of cleaning."  Once they were done he stated to Josiah, "You are promoted to 'mother approved'!"

• Rachel was playing on the floor by my feet with dragons and making them sing, "There is magic everywhere, ev--ery--where--!" in a sweet vibrato voice.

Big Island 2012


Speaking of magic...


When my oldest, Isaac, was barely five years old he had a heartfelt wish to be a train.  One morning during breakfast, he was lamenting over his predicament.  He sighed and said exasperated, "Wishes just don't come true!"
I said, "Not all wishes come true, but some do."  I added, "Most of my wishes have come true."  His eyes got wide with interest and I said, "I wished for a nice, sweet boy to marry and did that come true?"
"Daddy!" he exclaimed
"Yes," I replied, "and I also wished for adorable, sweet children and did that come true?"
He shouted, "Me and Caleb!"
He looked very pleased as I said, "See, dreams can come true if they are the right kind."

I am so grateful my wish came true and that I have the opportunity to be a mother.  No where else could I spend my days with such sweetness.  

July 1, 1998

Kwajalein 2011

New Zealand 2013 

1 comment: