Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Never Too Old for Army Men

As of 3 weeks ago, we have a teenager!  Isaac rang in his 13th birthday {drumroll please}...playing army men with his brothers.  Oh, melt my heart, he can still be a little boy, even though he is growing so fast.

Overheard Army Men Game:
Isaac says,
[man 1] "Hey, where did all the poison go?"
[man 2] "Uh, I was thirsty."
Peals of laughter from all.

I told them they could watch a movie, but they were too busy drawing and playing together that they never got around to it.  I also told Isaac that the benefit of Dad being off island was that he wouldn't have to wait until lunch to open his gift.  He enjoyed his day so much that he didn't bother opening his gift until almost dinner time.
I wasn't going to get the camera out, because Isaac already knew what he was getting, so there wouldn't be a surprised look, but mostly because I was exhausted.  Before he opened his gift, I teased him a bit about what it could possibly be and he gave the most brilliant smile, I rushed to get the camera.





Feigned surprise, but still adorable

Eva eyeing his gift

Eva notices the better gift


Yes, Isaac is so nice that he let Eva use his gift first.  A few minutes earlier, I thought I was being smart and taped the iPod sticker onto the plastic packaging and handed it to Eva saying, "Here is an iPod for you."  She was ecstatic for all of 2 seconds until she realized it was a fake.  Then she burst into the most heart-wrenching, sincere tears, that we all had pity on her.  A two year old thinks, "Your birthday.  My birthday.  Potato. Potahto."

She still hasn't made a match.  I guess she is no genius baby, but we still love her.






Yes, Eva is naked.  She undresses herself constantly.  One of our neighbors commented that they sometimes see us through the window all gathered round the table at dinner and it looks so idyllic.  They must have missed the time when a naked Eva climbed on the table after dinner and ate ravioli directly out of the pot.  Sneaky little thing while Mama's doing dishes.  
Moral of story: Don't do dishes.  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment